- Use British English
- Use black, 12pt, Times New Roman font
- Set margins to 1 inch on all sides
- Set alignment to left-justified
- Use double-spaced line spacing
- Indent the first line of each paragraph by 0.5 inches
- Do not indent by pressing the ‘space’ key
- Do not add any space between paragraphs
- Number your pages consecutively
- Prepare your manuscript in one Word document.
Figures & Tables
- Authors must obtain permission to reproduce any previously published artwork, and submit a copy of any permission grants with their final manuscript. Permission credit lines should be included in figure captions.
- Prepare a separate file for each figure or table.
- Figures must be of high resolution:
- Images : minimum 300 dpi
- Line drawings (e.g., graphs, charts) : minimum 600 dpi
Foreign Language Terms
- Glossary must be provided for all foreign-language terms and phrases that appear in the main body of the manuscript.
- Any terms from languages other than English must be italicised.
- Any Arabic terms must be transliterated according to the IJMES Transliteration Chart.
Notes, Bibliography & References
- Prepare the notes, bibliography, or references according to the Chicago Manual of Style.